Yeeahhhh!! New Search Function !!
  • new search function

great work Olivier!

• Ha ha here comes the heavy artillery…

• Awesome work! Now we only need a link to the Wiki on the MI main page plus a link to the T-shirt shoppe mentioned way back. Babysteps, but it’s definitely getting real good!

• We’re starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel for the main site redesign.

• Awesome! This should help with your workload some (assuming people take the time), thanks Olivier!

• @pichenettes: you da man!

• Kudos to the guy who wrote the Sphinx plug-in for Vanilla. This is a ridiculously insane bit of work (I didn’t know there was something like a forum/CMS php plug-in that sets up a search daemon FROM SOURCE and update crontabs for you…). I had to jump through some hoops to make it work (permissions nightmare + trivial warning emitted by configure that made the procedure fail), but I’m surprised I got it to work.

BTW, are there sysadmins out there? I hate doing system maintenance stuff and would love to have someone I could hand over assignments (stuff like backup scripts, system updates) – say half a day / month.

• “I saw the light at the end of the tunnel… but it turned out to be a train!” – John Campbelljohn

• Great! Thanks!!

• Huh, the new search functions are gone?

• Yes. Sphinx was hogging memory, and this is what caused the server to crash every second or third day. Sphinx upgrades / downgrades didn’t help.

• Awww :( Thanks for the info..

• Can somebody explain how to use the “old” search function? I always get nearly everything from the last days as a result.

• I might recommend using the big G 0 0 g l y with your search and the word(s) “mutable” or “mutable instruments” after it. It works beautifully for pretty much snippet I remember for any thread. The native search engine on here makes me do a lot of wading

• You can add a domain parameter in most search engines, for example Duck Duck Go:
    search string site:mutable-instruments.net
    Or Google:
    search string -site:mutable-instruments.net

• Thank you. I´ll try this.

It works without the “-”: search string site:www.mutable-instruments.net

• This link might be usefull… for me it is now ;)

Google Advanced Search at mutable-instruments.net

• whoops youre right. with -site: you exclude a domain from the results…

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion