damaged anushri during assembling
  • before I wanted to put my fresh soldered anushri into the case I was about to check the voltage with the psu (7,5V 300mA) from my already working struthi.
    I guess my fault was powering it without the control board connected – first the red points were around 2.4V then after 5min 0V – the psu had been destroyed (also won´t power up my struthi).
    so far…
    I bought 2 new psu – struthi works correct ;-) but checking the voltages on the ansuhri (with controler board connected) are like this.:
    PSU is at 7,5V

input dc voltage (1) = 7,45V
    Input DC voltage post (2) = 6.6V
    LT 1054 (2) = 6.6V (3) = 0,62V !!!
    7805 1 = 6.6V – = 0 0 = 2,76V !!!
    7905 + = 0 1 = 0,62V !!! 0 = 1,3V !!!
    red points 2,5 – 2,74V !!!
    green points 1,3V !!!
    purple 2,6V !!!
    cyan 0,6V !!!

also checked with PSU set to 9V

input dc voltage (1) = 8,96V
    Input DC voltage post (2) = 8,15V
    LT 1054 (2) = 8,15V (3) = 0,59V !!!
    7805 1 = 8,15V – = 0 0 = 2,18V !!!
    7905 + = 0 1 = 0,59V !!! 0 = 1,1V !!!
    red points 2,12 – 2,18V !!!
    green points 1,11V !!!
    purple 2,11V !!!
    cyan 0,61V !!!

no lights,no sound,...

• Looks like your 1054 is fried. Is it hot to the touch? I’d suggest checking for shorts then swapping out the 1054.

• +1 on the damaged LT1054.

• What kind of Wallwart did you use that it was destroyed???? Assuming you are from germany (deducted by your NickName) i recommend this which powers over here about everything (Shruthis, Anushris, MidiPals, 3 Shruthis at a Time, Various Prototypes, MS2000BR, AMT-8, Storio-2…. it even charges my iPhone). Its absolutely resistant against shorts as i can assure you from various accidentally and forced misuse and won’t break even when you draw maximum current for prolonged time.

• That link gives me about 18 results – which one exactly do you recommend?

• This is my Standard Wallwart, powers 2 Shruthis (i just cut the wire and soldered 2 of these in Parallel), An Anushri and 2 Mysterious Prototypes and isn’t afraid of a Waldorf MicroQ. I have about 12 or 13 of them and i actually keep one in the glove compartment of my Car – besides a Can of Prosecco (you would want to offer the Officer a Dring when caught because of speeding, wouldn’t you?)

• ewww you drink that stuff from CANs?

• No, he makes the officer drink it :-)

• I don’t make any Officer do anything. I only offer. I have a chilled glovebox compartment so i can offer cold Prosecco in the Summer . . . thats italian luxury!

• solved

80% of my ICs have been on the wrong position,because it just said “insert ics” – in the struthi assembly every IC was named – so I didn´t thougt about that and just put them in like they fitted,not careing about their numbers!!!
    The effect was killing a cheap ansmann 7.99€ PSU that had no wallwart,but was fine with the struthi – the new PSUs now have wallwarts and some more mA…
    After replacing the ICs I got the following values:

PSU 7,5V

input dc voltage (1) = 7,57V
    Input DC voltage post (2) = 6,76V
    LT 1054 (2) = 6,76 (3) = -5,86V
    7805 1 = 6,76V – = 0 0 = 5V
    7905 + = 0 1 = -5,86V 0 = -5V
    red points 5V
    green points -5V
    purple 4,1V
    cyan -4,1V

lights yellow and sounds fat!

I guess that due to the low voltage (7,5V) I first put in the main board without the controler board connected,it could not have been possible to damage the chips,even if the PSU had a wallwart?

• i guess you have been really lucky

• I have just had a similar experience, the psu I have succesfully used on the struthi , after some voltage checks on the anushri, has killed the psu..

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion