breadboard friends suggestion
  • First off, breadboard friends is a great idea. I like the power supply, but want to be able to handle different voltages. An easy solution is to just solder a female header in each regulator spot. That way you can swap regulators for different voltages.

So, suggestion: include a pair of female headers to allow swapping regulators.

• I tried this, but the results weren’t very consistent. I had low profile header which I don’t think was deep enough and/or couldn’t handle the larger regulator leads. At any rate, I am all for the idea but it will require a BeefierThanUsual female header.

• Soemthing like this

• Thereyago! Right angle that biotch!

• @quarterturn, this is a great idea!
    Perhaps it works even better if a 3-pin standard sized header is soldered to the regulator(s) as well?

• Personally, i power my breadboard with a 16 pin Modular PSU....

• I power my breadboards with this :D

• You could power your evil scientist lair with that!

• I need the scaled down version of that. Any suggestions?

• That’s a very frenchy way of doing it :) Though one might prefer that:

• Give me nukes anytime.

Have you heard the noise those fans make?

Seen any birds flying around them?

And don´t get me started on the maintenance costs…

When it comes to power, I don´t give a dam.

Har har

• But then you can only breadboard when its windy…..
    The german way would be getting rid of the Nuclear ones, run a lot of the old PowerPlants that burn badly fossile fuel to back up the Wind Energy ones when there is no wind and sell the excess Power to other EU contries at a prices that even makes the French think about switching off some of theirs. All this possible with the Help of the “Erneuerbare Energien Umlage” – the Tax payer has to pay for the difference of the market price and the 20 year guaranteed price the Wind Energy guys get for their power – next year this will be 6,24ct/kWh…..

• regarding the TO regulators, can I use 12v+- 7812 7912 without frying the LT1054?

• Why not use 9v instead?
    (Assuming for input into the DC jack)

• because my modular runs on 12 and I want to test the circuit on the same voltage… anyways I could use a.pin connector from my 12v psu

but wanted to know if I could plug and play the 7812 and 7912 without further mods.

• Risky. 7812 and 7912 have a dropout of 2V, so this means they will have to be fed with 14V. Your DC input will have to be in the 14V – 15V zone exactly – higher then 15V and boom, the LT1054 will blow up.

• thanks for the clarification Oliver.

• For ± 12 V you better get a switching power PSU like a decent Meanwell or something similar – most of them do also proper +5V.

• The MI Eurorack module tester might be a good addition to your stable, also! And it can handle basic +/- 12V and +5V via a Euro connector.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion