Anushri Euro Panel Waiting List
  • I just got back from a nice vacation and I seem to have picked up Modularitis while there.

Got Braids, Ripples, Frames and Yarns and some other modules. So far I am mounting them in a Tip Top happy ending rack.

Because of this, I suddenly liked the idea of rack mounting my Anushri to complement these (and lament having bent my CVPal´s front plate!)

Noticed the Euro rack mounting kit for Anushri is out of stock at the MI store.

Any chance of re-stocking this?

• Yes I will eventually, but it’s low priority.

I need to order by 100 and sell 60 to break even. So I’d like to see the waiting list grow a bit before ordering, before I fear that almost everybody who’d need one of these already have bought one.

• Ok, I can wait, and I here humbly put my name on the waiting list…

Anushri Euro Panel WL: 1

• Is it possible to buy the midi/audio connection plate separately?

• Wait List:

Varthdader: 1
    qp: 1

• > Is it possible to buy the midi/audio connection plate separately?

No. Just like for kits, everything is made by 100, so selling a subset of a kit means trashing the rest… Also, one-off transactions with manual paperwork and no possibility of stock tracking are slowly killing me.

• I’ll put myself on the list.

a|x

• Ahh darnit, since I only have the front panel.. Still, perfectly reasonable explanation, guess I’ll just have to DIY something :)

• @Vcent
    If you are OK with plexi, let me know….

• I am in fact OK with plexi – and was very much considering some of the modules you have hinted at, but how does one order those(when one has become one with the force.. Or just fallen into a pot of gold) ?

• Just send me a mail… you can find the address in my profile ;-)

• I didn’t buy an Anushri because the Euro panel wasn’t in stock :( I’m on the list too.

• same here so :

Anushri eurorack panel list = 4

• Well isn’t the Euro panel going to be the official “top” to the metal/wood case design that’s in the works? I’ve been waiting for that because 1) I’d prefer something a bit more sturdy than plexi for something that’s so hands-on and 2) I have an already built unit and I think it’d be much easier to rework aluminum to fit all the jacks in than it would for plexi, right?

If that’s the case (no pun) +1 me.

• > Well isn’t the Euro panel going to be the official “top” to the metal/wood case design that’s in the works?

No, the euro panel is too large to be used on a desktop case.

• @bleo oh, didn’t know there was an official Anushri metal enclosure in the works. I’ll wait for that, if so. The Euro panel takes up a lot of space, which puts me off a bit, anyway.

a|x

• @pichenettes the Euro panel layout could form the basis of the top-panel of a full metal enclosure, though. I’d be up for one of those…

a|x

• I have drawings ready for the metal bottom case, but lacking time.

• Also, future Anushri customers might pick the eurorack solution right out of the box if they have the option?

The Anushri makes a great euro module, and Adrian is prepping a metal back for it if one wants a super sturdy desktop solution.

• what do you think about the IO. Should it be in back or front?

• What do you mean by IO?

• this extra input/output plate

• It depends how wide I’ll make it. I can make holes for Midi(Mutable Instruments Data Interconnect) and audio into back of the case or make the bottom so wide, that the I/O can be on font like in euro concept.

• Ah… I think it makes much more sense to keep the MIDI and audio I/O on the back.

• Please add me to the waiting list for the panel as we’ll. thanks!

• I would be interested, @Adrian do you plan to make the full enclosure you spoke about in your previous posts ? Please add me too the list too! (any idea of about the schedule ?)

• I’d be very interested in a full metal desktop case as well!

• Just to clarify above: either a full metal desktop case or the eurorack panel :)

• 2 eurorack for me please :)

• Full desktop metal case here as well! :)
    though I’d prefer to have the connectors on top, connectors on the back are always in the way.
    How messy is it if one would like to remove the audio jacks from the already built Anushri?

• I vote for the connectors of a full metal case to be in the same places they are on the current standard acrylic case.

I’d be more up for buying one if I knew I wasn’t going to have to desolder anything, and I imagine I’m not alone in this ;)

a|x

• So, for less than the price of most Eurorack sequencers, I get a full synth voice, some drums, an apreggiator and a sequencer? Hmmm…

• “I’d be more up for buying one if I knew I wasn’t going to have to desolder anything, and I imagine I’m not alone in this ;)”

I must admit that I would probably totally hate that… but I have never tried to desolder an audio jack

• Desoldering an IC is not very pleasant. Anything that is one piece and multi-pin is not something to desolder. Desoldering almost anything else is fairly easy.

• thinking about it. I’ll keep the connectors on the back! :)
    Actually that’s the main thing that kept me from getting a euro panel for the Anushri.

• @rumpelfilter: Right angle cables FTW!

• I had the connectors on the back as well, as far as I remember, it still fitted in my eurorack rails/case.. I couldn’t connect anything to them, but they were there.. I desoldered them some time ago, wanting to use them on a shruthi filter board I had laying around, but turns out that they are different parts, so no dice.. Meh..

• I’m hoping we are talking about two different things. Having connectors on anything but the front of a modular panel seems kinda odd. My assumption is that a Euro panel for anything would have all connectors on the panel.

• I thought we were talking about a standalone metal tabletop case for the Anushri.

Have I got the wrong end of the stick? Wrong stick, maybe..

a|x

• I figured since the thread was titled, “Anushri Euro Panel Waiting List,” we were talking about a Euro panel. Of course, this is the Mutable Instruments forum, with a long and proud history of thread derailment.

• the discussion is about both the metal desktop case and the euro panel for the Anushri.
    But it’s not about putting the euro connectors inside the case :D

• Thanks for clearing that up, rumpelfilter. Thought I was losing my mind..

a|x

• It was about the euro panel, then derailed with the desktop case. Workers quickly constructed rails beneath the derailment and it is now in tandem with the initial topic. This is a phenomenon only seen in the shruthiverse.

Easiest way to desolder the jacks is clip them off then remove the stubs. I’ve learned its much easier to sacrifice a $1 part instead of destroying a $30 board.

I still want a euro panel. Plus a friend wants one too, so add him to the list as well.

• Sorry for the confusion, I was in fact talking about converting a naked Anushri tabletop into a eurorack monster – And the possibility of leaving the out and input jacks in, during such a conversion.. Of course you should keep the eurorack stuff on the front panel ! :)

• Stepping in to place my vote for a desktop metal case Anushri. I have a dream of a metal Shruthi, Ambika, and Anushri. Trying very hard not to go modular, because I enjoy living in my home and not in a box.

• Can´t we have a special metal skiff-type back to adapt the europanel into a metal desktop Anushri? The Anushri already has the power supply and ins-outs so all it would take is to make a skip that adapts these to europanel mounting. No need for sliding nuts or perf. strips, just have the mounting holes were needed for the Anushri Euro panel, and make the back recessed to be able to mount the plastic screws of the audio sockets and flush with the midi and power sockets. Wood cheeks like the rest of the metal cases could also be included!

This way, the panels have a dual use and can justify the minimum manufacturing quantities needed and keep the Anushri expandable for euro-mounting in the future.

• @Varthdader that is how it will be.

and now back to counting the waiting list.

• I’ve ordered the euro panels and will get them around the 10th. Maybe earlier.

• OK I’ll make order for bottom prototypes.

• Super!

Count me in on both lists!

• Whoo, fantastic! :) PS: I would love if angled pieces of wood would be available.

• I’d like a case too, please!

• +1 on the eurorack faceplate kit

• yepp +1 euro panel kit

• Just wondering how it’s coming along! :) very anxious for the euro panel.

• Yes, yes, it’ll happen.

• Forgive my confusion, but I want to make sure I’m up to speed on all of this. As I understand it…

-Olivier is making more Anushri Euro panels, which will be on their way “soon”.
    -Adrian is prototyping an enclosure that can use the Anushri Euro panel from Olivier.

Or have I completely missed the plot?

Thanks guys!

• -Adrian is prototyping an enclosure that can use the Anushri Euro panel from Olivier.

Correct. I received the protos, but they bended the sheet metal in wrong order. They will make quickly replacements.

• Ooooh that is very exciting!

• Looking forward to seeing some photos of the case, Adrian :)

+1 for a panel kit for me, too, please, pichenettes.

a|x

• +1 for a skiff/box from Adrian for the Anushri Euro panel (since I’ve got one already).

• Adrian, do you plan to make bigger skiff ?

• Adrian should work on an “official” MI skiff pronto!

Make it unpowered to use with a UZeus per row if you need to expedite the process

• +1 euro panel kit

• Hurray, in stock! Ordered :)

• Me too. Going to get rid of the MS20 mini and do a little Eurorack lunchbox instead.

• Bought!

Now waiting for the skiff from Adrian once he´s back from vacations

• I thought a skiff was a boat?! Anyway +1 for a case for the eurorack panel :)

• Some may miss the rambling zone, but there is something like this.

• That is beautiful. I don’t want to muck up the list, as I already posted in the other thread, but sign me up!

• Incredible adrian !!!! great work i love it!!!! If its possible i’m interesting for the next batch too :-)

• i want also an euro panel please

• Sorry yaka but I think you’re quite late to the party. I’m pretty sure there’s none left.

• Now that the store is reopened, I have decided to get an Anushri kit after all… and also would like an Euro Panel faceplate. I know this is late, and Olivier will probably not restock these, but is there anyone still making them? Frank, Adrian?

EDIT: Just realized that I wrote “Ambika” instead of “Anushri”. Argh. Corrected.

• same here Bjoern… i would like a case especially for the anushri…
    Frank. Adrian?

• Seems that lately there is small interest increase for the panel.
    You should start the counter.
    Panel # Bottom #

• Yes!
    Panel 1

• if panels… one for me
    So:

Total panel count : 2

• same here

Total panel count : 3

• Panel :
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki

Total : 4

• Panel:
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    bjoern

Total: 5

Bottom:
    bjoern

Total: 1

• Count me in for an eurorack panel !

• Panel:
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    bjoern
    chapelierfou

Total: 6

Bottom:
    bjoern

• One panel for me too! And please let it have that same nice brushed alu-look as the original!

Total Panel Count: 7

Total Bottom Count: 1

• another panel run would be great: because of my own endless stupidity i did not order the original eurorack faceplate when it was discontinued (instead i went for another anushri kit and some missing shruthi pcbs, all a few days before they got their sale prices, very clever indeed). Would this panel run be organized by Adrian? It was mentioned that the original faceplate is not really an option in quantities < 100, so it will probably be some alternative design?
    And what is a ‘Bottom’!?

Anyway, if the run happens, i am surely in (counter in next post).

• Panel:
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    bjoern
    chapelierfou
    morcego
    Modularmind

Total: 8

Bottom:
    bjoern

[ps: added Modularmind to the full list. ok, i guess?]

• @morcego with Eurorack panel you can turn the Anushri to Eurorack module, but with bottom you can transform it back to metal/wood tabletop synth

• Hmm not many names here.
    If we could collect 50 names, then it’s possible to make the official faceplate- same what was sold in MI store.

• @adrian: ok, thanks. So the ‘bottom’ is the case itself ;)

50 names is quite a lot indeed. let’s wait if there is more interest (these panels really do look good, but anushri seems to be a bit less popular and less common than the other mutable offerings). I’m definitely still interested in a panel.

• +1, Want a panel as well! :) The euro knobs would be very nice as well.

• 50 names when we have 9 now is a lofty goal… I’ve decided to give it a go on my CNC and make one myself.

• There’s an AI file on github.

• Found it and edited my post accordingly :-) Thanks a lot.

• Routed my own (CNC + waterslide transfer + clear coat). It’s fugly since my laser printer had a problem, but I will never get those knobs off again so on it stays. This means I’m off the list for panel and bottom.

IMG_1922.JPG
    1024 x 768 - 288K
  • + 1 for a panel for me. That makes 10… getting there :)

• 9 actually… see my above post.

So we’re at

Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    chapelierfou
    morcego
    Modularmind
    Inn
    fluffymuff

Total: 9

• +1

Plumbstone
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    chapelierfou
    morcego
    Modularmind
    Inn
    fluffymuff

Total: 10

• I may join too, will make decision in a day

• +1 for Anushri Euro panel

stimresp
    Plumbstone
    Anechoic
    flo
    Lamoutte_rck
    cereyanlimusiki
    chapelierfou
    morcego
    Modularmind
    Inn
    fluffymuff

Total: 11

• Ok Adrian, please clarify it to me. You will make a batch of eurorack panels for Anushri, right? Do they look like official MI panels? How much? MIDI/ audio io panel included?

Sorry for bombing with too many questions.

• Panels will be exactly the same as official panels.
    MIDI/Audio panel is included.
    Price around 55€

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion