Converting Desktop Anushri to Eurorack Module
  • I have a fully working Anushri and a Eurorack Faceplate kit that I purchased the other day. It will be my first eurorack module and the case is on order now. I am just trying to get clear in my head the conversion process as there doesn’t seem to be any detailed instructions.

Remove IC24
    Remove rear connectors
    Solder 5x2 Header pin
    Optionally break out the rear connectors in on to the spare face plate using cable.

However I cannot work out what the Rainbow Ribbon cable is for in the kit. I assume it’s for power to connect the module to the bus board but it doesn’t have any connectors in the kit to facilitate that. So I’m bamboozled have I missed something obvious?

• I think its for connecting the separate midi and audio connectors on that extra euro plate that came with the kit

• It’s not necessary to remove the rear connectors.

• > I think its for connecting the separate midi and audio connectors on that extra euro plate that came with the kit

The ribbon only has 10 cables. In order to connect all ports on the extra euro plate would requre 14 cables.

• Actually you need only 9 cables:
    2 for audio in
    2 for audio out
    2 for midi in (pin 4 and 5)
    3 for midi out (pin 2, 4 and 5)

• Oh yes, note to self read the schematics more carefully.

• Is the ground not the same for audio in and audio out? Then it would be only 8.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion