• Hi,
    I tried to calibrate the anushri VCO as I’m gonna use it with my cv-gate keyboard. It’s not clear to me the patch to have it calibrated.
    I followed the instructions on the diy page. I patch the gate in and vco in with my akai max49. when I patch the VCO OUT I get no CV. If I connect audio out (to the jones o’Tool), I get different voltages every time, pressing always the same note. For example I can have 4v, 7v, etc…. As to the manual, I have the vco knob fully counterclockwise, I disable the tuning by holding Hold and press REC, etc.
    Do you think this may be an issue of what?

• The VCO CV out sends a CV corresponding to the note being played through the MIDI input or by the sequencer.

If you don’t have a MIDI keyboard or sequence running, it’s normal you won’t observe any change of the CV here.

“I patch the VCO OUT I get no CV”

I am not sure what you mean by “no CV”. How do you measure this?

> If I connect audio out (to the jones o’Tool), I get different voltages every time, pressing always the same note. For example I can have 4v, 7v, etc

What are you trying to do by measuring the voltage on audio output?

You need to adjust the trimmers so that the synth plays in tune (*listening* to the audio out). There is no need to make any measurement (though you can use a tuner if you are not sure about your ears).

• Hi,
    I got confused. I wanted to say the audio out goes into the Jones O’tool, who measure the hertz and the respective note played. If I press several times note C1 of my keyboard, I get each time very different notes( could be for example C4, D8, F3). I know the offset trimmer has to be regulated, as well as the 1/v oct trimmer…. it looks like the lfo affects the pitch

• Have you dialled a patch on the front panel that has LFO modulation? If this is the case, set the knob differently to remove LFO modulation on the VCO.

• Ok thanks. I’ll check on this later and let you know

• I have calibrated the VCO, at last.
    Though I noticed the square wave is silent when I turn the wave knob CW, while the sawtooth is fine. What issue could be?
    More, I can’t have a clock in sync.

• > Though I noticed the square wave is silent when I turn the wave knob CW

Have you set the PW knob correctly?

> More, I can’t have a clock in sync.

What do you want to do and what have you tried doing?

• I tried to clock anushri drum patterns from ALM Pamela’s workout and Silentway sync Ableton Live plugin. Usually they sync my modules without problems (for example 4ms SCM or RCD).
    How should the PW be set? I’m at work now. I will check it later.
    btw: the sawtooth sounds awsome!

• > I tried to clock anushri drum patterns

Have you disabled the internal clock by setting the tempo to its minimal value?

> How should the PW be set?

In the middle. Otherwise you have 0% or 100% pulse width, which means silence.

• thanks Olivier, I will test tonight and let you know. I do not use the midi interface btw

• about the clock sync: when I set the tempo to the minimum I just get an internal very slow clock(the tempo knob is all CCW), but no external clock.

regarding the square wave, tweaking the pw knob does not affect the vco, unless I set the sub-osc -1 and -2 octaves. In this case I get a square wave.

• > about the clock sync: when I set the tempo to the minimum I just get an internal very slow clock(the tempo knob is all CCW), but no external clock.

Hmmm not sure what you’re doing wrong but it’s unlikely to be a build error. Are you aware that the clock input is 24ppqn by default?

> regarding the square wave, tweaking the pw knob does not affect the vco, unless I set the sub-osc -1 and -2

What do you have on point H?

• Olivier, sorry for my late reply. Square wave has been fixed. One (very) cold joint on a resistor (R73 maybe)
    about the clock, I changed the ppqn, but I’m not sure it work….will investigate more…