Clock in not working [SOLVED]
  • My Anushri has been great up until now. For what ever reason it will not take a clock signal from another source. I usually clock it to a Trigger riot. The clock out put works fine. I tried the factory rest, and that didnt work. any ideas?

• Have you set the tempo to the minimum value to tell it that it should use an external clock instead of the internal one?

• yes that’s not the problem checked that. The Anushri It is also behaving odd sometimes the arp control doesn’t respond, and some times it wont allow you to turn the synth portion off, and just use the drums. It has been a great module up to this point, but now it has lost its mine. Any thoughts? Think i need to start swapping out IC’s? if so which ones? Thanks in advance!

• > and some times it wont allow you to turn the synth portion off, and just use the drums

How are you doing that? This is done by recording an empty sequence.

> Think i need to start swapping out IC’s? if so which ones? Thanks in advance!

Probably no.

Check with a scope that the clock signal fed on the front panel input jack is present on IC15 pin 6.

• sorry to sound like an idiot, but i am having a hard time explaining what is going on with it. I dont have a scope, but I do have a multi meter would it be possible to check it with that?

• > but I do have a multi meter would it be possible to check it with that?

If you send a very slow clock with a high duty cycle (maybe 50%) it could be possible to see a multimeter go from 0V to 5V then back to 0V. Try sending a slow square LFO.

• I connected an LFO sending a square wave, and was not able to see any voltage on pin 6.

• Then there’s a bad solder joint somewhere… check on the clock input jack; on the connectors linking the two boards ; or on IC15.

• Ok So i went through the board to check for a bad solder joint, and there were note to be found. Then I checked continuity all the way up to the pin, and everything checked out. So I applied a clock signal and repeated the same testing the voltage at each connection. Once i got up to IC 15 the voltage was gone. So I removed the IC and check for voltage on the same pin and the the voltage was there. So Am i looking at a bad IC?

• The clock signal should be present on IC15 pin 7 and then buffered onto IC15 pin 6.

You might try replacing IC15 indeed.

• Yep no signal on pin 7. I will get a new IC and report back with the results.

• That was it IC 15 was bad. I replaced it, and works great. Thanks for the advice pichenettes!