No LED light up and quick assembly question
  • Hello All!

Almost done with my first Anushri.
    Quick question: Everything on the main board is soldered except the audio jacks (i’m going to build a case and want the audio jacks off the board) and all of the voltages test as they should on the main board. I bought a 9V DC 300mA wall wart and wanted to see if, when the control board and main board are connected, the LEDs would show signs of life when powered up. Unfortunately, when I flipped the switch nothing came on (no LEDs). Would not having the audio jacks in prevent the control board from lighting up? Also, in my kit for the Anushri I have a piece that didn’t go anywhere. It’s red and says “WIMA 0.022 63-” on it. Is that for another kit and found its way into my bag?

• > Would not having the audio jacks in prevent the control board from lighting up?

No. Is the voltage test OK?

> Is that for another kit and found its way into my bag?

I don’t remember the details but it’s something like this: one supplier delivered a cap with the wrong spacing as an “equivalent” (ahem) for an out of stock part, the person who sorts the kit did not notice and it got bagged into all kits. I later found about it, reordered the correct part, and put it in all the bags. I did not try to fish for the incorrect part though, emptying the bag would have been a sure route to lost parts…

• The voltages tested correct on the main board. I haven’t checked around the control board when they’re connected, though. Is there a write-up for test spots on the control board when both main and control board are connected?
    Hmmm…I can probably redo some of the soldering around the IC sockets, but wouldn’t a problem with the soldering at the IC sockets be noticed during testing of the power distribution?
    Thanks!

• Maybe you could post photos of your boards…

• Sorry for the poor pics. I only have the camera on my phone.

IMG_20141110_173706.jpg
    1520 x 2688 - 949K
    2IMG_20141110_173736.jpg
    1216 x 2151 - 729K
    2IMG_20141110_173907.jpg
    1216 x 2151 - 806K
    2IMG_20141110_173930.jpg
    1216 x 2151 - 832K
    2IMG_20141110_174027.jpg
    2151 x 1216 - 726K
  • Thanks for the help, btw!

• i think i figured it out. in my haste to play with the synth, my building skills got ahead of my detail oriented-ness, and i swtiched 74hc595n and 74hc165n. lights (LEDs) are up and running! now onto tuning and second build for a duophonic anushri!