Shruthi XT Metal Case
  • Final design uses smaller hole for buttons, so below marked feet won’t fit. Final raw hole size is 9,5mm paint adds 0,1…0,2mm.

Here is the prototype what will give the picture how the case will look. Screen printers are on vacation, so these protos are made with water slide decals. End product will have screen print.
    In this prototype I tested different ways to use alternative switches, but original switches and caps can be used.
    Tested Omron switches with caps
    This combo is too short and overall height is bit below the bottom plate, so I used some feet to increase the height.

Here is used black rubber feet what gives really good rubbery touch like Rogan knobs

Here are transparent feet what feel also good, but need another 0,5…0,7mm extra material below.

Knobs are Cliff K85 series with caps

In this case wood is optional. There will be fastening holes in both end of the case for wood. Wood cheeks will be fastened from inside of the case. Cheeks will come with pre drilled holes.

I’m going to start collecting names. If you are interested, then send me a message what includes:
    Color- black or white
    Wood- yes or no
    Quantity- #
    Your e-mail

• Nice! I already got the same Cliff knobs, they are perfect.
    What about led lenses, like those on your standard Shruthi cases?

PM is coming right away.

• Dang it! Looks like I’ll be building that XT kit I have on a shelf after all. PMing

• Yes Please.

Although it’s hard to choose the options,
    since I haven’t seen the black one yet
    And I don’t know about prices including / excluding wood

Cheers!

• tempting!!!! anyone want to sell me an assembled xt control board to put me over the edge?

• @gphg price will depend of the interest, but it will be around 70€. Wood price will be under 10€ extra.

• @ Adrian: Mail send :)

• Nice one !

Do you mind to write another name than only “XT” ?

• Waiting for good name and your approval.

• Not personally you, but you all.

• XT for the name is perfect IMHO

• Since this case fits the official Shruthi XT, I thought that maybe the case could just have the same printing as the aluminum faceplate, just like the regular Shruthi metal case and the Ambika metal cases sport their respective names?

I totally understand the name changes done to the pcbs of “continuation series”, but maybe the metal cases will be used to retrofit MI products?

Don´t want this to be an issue and would perfectly accept if Olivier is not confortable with this and would rather not have the cases with his product´s names.

• Hybrid XT Monosynth

other suggestions:
    remove the artwork around the jam button
    and replace the two vertical lines either side of the lcd with plain ones or none.

• No pleas leave it like it is! :o

• Also like XT, simple is better for me. If anything else I would go for something like Shruthi Ex-T or the original name if that was allowed.

Case looks great, nice work.

• I agree with Varthdader. Completely.

• +1 for making to top graphics exactly the same as those on the official MI top panel.
    Looks really nice, though.

a|x

• +1 for original printings.

What is the plan for the print color on the black cases?
    While white might be the intuitive choice, I vote for a green print like you did on your LXR case…

Karg

img.jpeg
    640 x 394 - 88K
  • This green is “signature” color for Sonic Potions

• No chance of having the original printing done on stainless brushed top? It would emulate the original aluminum and plexi case but in a durable case.

• @Varthdader sorry no.

• @Adrian You could do something similar to your Anushri metal case, maybe…

a|x

• Yeah I’m still sooo interested in a proper metal Anushri case with wood cheeks. Not into the eurorack faceplate + bottom option, really.

• One guy might take over the Anushri face plate order and make them. I’ll give him the bottom drawings also, so something will happen there.

• Wow, looks really nice!

• I like XT as the name. maybe keep the “Hybrid monosynth” and align it left like on the original?

• @bleo Adrian’s Anushri case + MI Euro panel looks really nice, in my book.

a|x

• If this is allowed, I would also prefer the full original mutable printing.

• @Adrian – It’s hard to completely tell from the pictures but are the wooden cheeks angled? I really enjoy the angled ones on my Ambika so it would help me decide which route to go on the XT case.

• They aren’t angled, but I could let make angled wood similar to Ambika.

• If angled was an option I would definitely choose it as it makes it much easier to use when I am sitting down. Either way I am still in.

• i’m in – pm-ed.

Ideally the case / wood would have the same depth / height / angle as the non-XT shruthi metal case so that they can sit flush alongside each other.

• @spoor. They are exact same height.

• Uij, if that other XT board group buy thread goes through, i’m def’ up for a enclosure!

• What revision of boards do you have?
    Thing is that revisions below v02 have display, encoder and fastening holes in different positions.
    If you have v02 or v03 then it’s all cool. If you have v01 then let me know.

• Any news on the case?

• Will receive new protos this week. If they OK, then I’ll place the order.

• Cool! I am on the list?

• Yes everybody who has messaged me are in list. Don’t worry if I haven’t received reply.
    Didn’t received the cases this week. Building season is coming and waiting line is longer because of construction parts.

• Looking forward :)

• Are the XT cases still available or have I missed the boat (skiff?)

• List is still open because of manufacturing delays. Also I’ll order some extra. So if somebody discovered this thread now, then feel free to send me your wish.

• I forgot .. Am i on the list? I hope so :)

• Adrian, please add me to the list! Thanks :)

• @shiftr you are nr 3 in the list.
    Everybody who sent me the message are still in the list.

• @Adrian That’s nice to know :-)

• I’m in for a metal case, too. @Adrian, sent you a PM.

• Received new protos today, final check in beginning of next week and then I’ll make the production order.

• Excellent Adrian!
    Can´t wait :)

• as i can order a XT pcb from tubeohm, i will be happy to get one too !

• I’m interested as well If I’m not too late! (fingers crossed)

• I’ll take one! Need something for when i get around to finishing the xt board

• @Bear00 send me DM with your e-mail and color black or white.

• Adrian, hope I’m not too late for a white one with no wood. I will PM you..

• I’m hoping not too late, have pm’ed. Thx.

alienr

• Not too late working to get some improvements done.
    Here’s a photo of black version. It’s with OLED display what is low enough to cover with display glass.
    It’s with standard switches and caps.

• Niiiice!

• @Adrian case is looking good. I’m curious, about how much wider is the case with the wooden side panels?

• Oh yeah, black for me !

• Lovely :)

• If possible, I would be in for one white case aswell – without the wood-endings.

• Great work Adrian! looking forward to build :)

• If it’s not too late I am going to pull the trigger on a white case with wood ends. I have been on the fence for a minute but I think that this is the right decision. Also first post!

• If I’m not too late, I’d like to get one of the cases in black with the wood ends. Thanks!

• are there any cases left? price?

• Any news on the cases?

• Just broke my XT case. :(

Any news on this?

• I need to check one last thing (LCD) then I can make the order.
    LCD should arrive within two days.

• I’m interested as well If I’m not too late!

• Just discovered the thread at time to hesitate between ordering 1 regular or 1 XT board at TubeOhm… Is it too late for the metal case?

• Not too late. They are still in production and I ordered some extra.

• Hi Adrian, when will you request payment info etc on these fantastic cases?

• Hi Adrian, I would be interested by one XT case with wooden ends.

• Hi Adrian, also interested in 1 XT white case without wooden ends. Do you also have metal case for the standard shruthi?

• Hi Adrian! If possible: 1 black, no wood

• Hello Adrian, i am also very interested! I’d like to get one of the cases in black with the wood ends. Thanks!

• Hi, i would like to chime in for a white XT enclosure with wooden ends.

• If not too late, I’m in for a panel; black or white.

• @Adrian How are you doing? How is this going? Any news? Also about the LXR cases ;)

• would love a metal case if there are any still available. Don’t really mind which colour.

• This time the production has unreal delay.
    I’ll let you all know when LXR, XT and Ambika will be ready.

• Sweet, thanks for your work and let’s keep in touch :)

• Interested in 2 cases…
    one white, one black.
    Thank you for your work!
    Email sent few days ago.

• Sorry to tune in so late here…is there a way for the labeling to be bigger? I realize this changes the look slightly but also greatly increases utility for idiots like me.

• If you want to wait 1 year again, why not :D

• hi , and i have also a few XT PCB’s….... waiting for to inbuild into the cases….. Greets Andre’
  • AAGGGOOONNYYY

• There seems to movement in LXR cases department
    I hope the XT cases are next :)

• I hope so too :)

• That black case looks sexy sexy awesome with sugar on top. Looking forward to get my grubby dirty hands on one!

• Getting close to XT cases assembly.

• Ah, at last… :-) Will make a fine christmas present to one self.

• .great!

• Great news!

• Is it still possible to order one from you Adrian?

• Final design uses smaller button hole, so the original button will fit nicely.
    If you plan to use Omron switch and rubber feet combo, then smaller feet (as mentioned ) need to be used. Hole size is 9,5mm+bit paint.

One portion of cases are ready, so some people will get a e-mail soon.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion