Shruthi XT Metal Case
  • Sweet as ! :D

• Yes please :)

• Is there an official waiting list or are you going to simply contact those who have show an interest on this thread?

• I have a list. Send me your e-mail and color preference as a message.

• Great news! Did anyone get an email yet?

• I even got a case :)

Thanks Adrian!

IMG_20151201_212407.jpg
    1000 x 499 - 147K
  • Whaaaaaa? You lucky guy!

• That looks very good! Are the side pieces all metal on the non-wood version?

• Mine is non wood and the sides are metal. The top and the front and back are one piece and the sides and the bottom are one piece.

• Looks great! can’t wait, been looking forward to this for a while.

• Exciting!!

• 1/3 of cases packed. Will contact you soon.

• Shiftr! I on purpose did to post mine to not make anyone jeleous…

Since that ship has sailed: I got a black one with wooden sides. I love the sides, nice brown!

• Yeah i doubted to post it too. But on the other hand it’s good to see that they are out there. And the design is also a bit different but very nice. Only thing i miss a bit that it doesn’t say mutable instruments anywhere but i also understand that.

• nice. looking forward to finishing my XT with this case!

• Ok, so there we go:

IMG_1614.jpg
    3264 x 840 - 389K
  • Hi Adrian, do you have one for me as well? :-)

• Everybody who sent me your e-mail and wish will get one.
    I’ll start sending out some e-mails now.
    Really busy with day work. Lately only have time in weekends, but I try that you all get the case before Christmas.

• I was on the list ?

• So, I’m missing the actual buttons to put on top of my switches… I don’t really feel like spending 20€ on mouser shipping just for that, anybody would sell me some spare ? Or have a better sourcing idea ?
    I used thoses switches and I think theses caps are the one.
    Thanks !

• I need to order also these. Maybe we could make a group buy?

• I am in ! I would take at least 50 pcs in black.

• Cool ! I’d actually need only 20 of them, just for the one shruthi XT… I don’t mind the colour, black, grey or white, witchever’s the most easy to organise.

• Cases arrived safely this morning. Looking awesome!
    Well packed and with all the tiny bits needed.
    Thank you for your work Adrian.

• Case arrived safely this morning. Looking awesome!
    Well packed and with all the tiny bits needed.
    Thank you for your work Adrian.

Me too:)
    Any construction tips?

• Hi Adrian, how many would you need and what colour ?

• I will make a instruction, but for now I write quick instruction here.
    First loosen all black screws.
    5mm spacers go under Voice card. From other side of case fastened with washer and screw. From PCB side with 3mm nut.
    5mm+20mm+3mm nut will make 28mm and it goes for MOBO. From other side of case fastened with washer and screw. From PCB side with screw.
    Bottom holes are bigger so you can position the PCB’s.
    Switch goes in after fastening upper plate.

If you have LCD, then it will be flush with face plate. If OLED, then it will be below face plate and you can use display window.

• @nightworxx maybe gray and black both 50pcs. I think I need to make a Mouser order, so I’ll order some extra.
    What colors you need?

• Hm, i need some more stuff besides the caps, so i’ll have to order myself. Maybe clemdu wants to join you ?

• I do ! PM’ed

• Finished :)
    http://www.goltstein.nl/Shruthi_XT_Metal

• My case arrived today. Thanks!

• i know half the people here just flip and sell so if anyone wants to sell an assembled case with controller board lemme know :D

• So I got mine today (thanks Adrian ! :) And Yes, it is gorgeous. How did you guys deal with the lightpipes ? Glue ? I remember doing that on a LXR and ending up with something not pretty…

Anyway, I had to desolder the LED, it went pretty badly, need to fix that first…

• For the lightpipes should be small pieces of rubber tube included, to fix them from the inside.
    Tough luck for me was that my self-sourced LEDs were 0,5 mm too high, so i was forced to be creative !

• Received one black and one white case yesterday. They look fantastic! :)
    Thanks a lot Adrian!

• Ok thanks ! clever way to fix them lightpipes…

• Case arrived safe and well – absolutely gorgeous !

• Cases arrived today – superb! Accessories as well! A big thank you to Adrian for going the extra mile (or at least from Estonia to the UK!) and being Santa Claus!

• Clad you guys like the cases!
    Most of you should have rubber fasteners for light pipes, some last cases had pre mounted light pipes, because Mouser order didn’t arrived on time.
    @clemdu Light pipe from outside and rubber washer from inside.

Other half still waiting for cases. I’ll be back from small vacation, then start assembling them.

• Case arrived today. Looks fantastic!! Thanks again Adrian!

• Looking for knobs… Those Cliff K85 knobs look nice, but how is the feeling? It’s hard plastic, no soft touch, right? The white caps are not availabe with marker line? Any other recommendations for the XT?

• Thonk sells Rogans. But only small ones in stock.

• Rogan knobs at Thonk for one XT (30pcs) are more than 80 Euro including VAT/shipping. Too expensive.

• So for someone with an XT but no case what are the options now? due to the way the boards are fixed to the case I can’t use it without a case.

• New batch in production. Will be ready in upcoming weeks.

• Thanks. Am I still down for one? :)

• Hi , XT PCB’s are there . I have order a new batch . This week i update my website . All in blue again. I also have order now knobs for the pots – but only 100 at first . More knops are not available. Sold out. Greets

Andre’ TubeOhm
    P1050476.JPG
    640 x 480 - 74K
    XT-PCB.JPG
    1600 x 1200 - 1014K
  • @tubeohm will you sell assembled control boards?

• Yes but only on request. I don’t offer it direct on my website . The one you see on my website was a test build /quality control. If i make new PCB’s i do at first a complete build to see if all works like expected . You can imagine that – after a little time – i have the corners in my room full with PCB’s . and half finished projects.( lirke all electronic developers)This i sell from time to time for a special price.
    Greets Andre’

• Got sorted with the control board, now I just need the case, any updates?

• 3 weeks ago I took the cases to painting. Today I picked them up and took them to another place, because they were still unpainted. New place promised to coat them this week.

• Ah best of luck then!

• Cases received from print and assembly started.

• I’m interested in a white case with wooden panels. Are they still available? I’ll write you an email. They look beautiful

• I ordered enough. Just contact me if you need one.

• @Adrian, I sent you a message a few days back, don’t know if you saw it?

• Hi .
    @Adrian, have you got any enclosures in black? Are they still available?

• I upgraded my xt with some nice knurled knobs from small bear:

If anyone needs stock mutable shruthi kit style knobs, I have a full set, pm me!

edit to clarify!

• @herrprof PM´d!

• I have black and white cases in stock. Just DM or e-mail me.

• Did you end up doing instructions, apart from the December 2015 post?

• :) no. After that hurry times started, but now I have time and will do it after I receive some parts next week.

• This post is not really new, but are the cases still available?

• Yes. New batch is ready. I have black and white cases in stock.

• Hi Adrian,
    I’d like at least one of these if they’re still available?
    I’ve PM’d you. Cheers

• I have black and white cases in stock.

• Hi Adrian,
    Just sent you a PM for a black wooden ends case.
    Hope you’ve got one in stock for me.
    Greets

• Hi,
    I see no message. But I have black and white cases in stock.
    Send another one :)

• Hi everyone! I just received mine. Is it possible someone post some pics of his own? Because I don’t understand how to dispose every pieces(spacers, nuts, slices…). I know I have to resolder my LEDs to place lightpipes, but for the other things… I’m a bit lost…
    Thanks a lot!

• From bottom with washer and screw.
    With spacers you combine 28mm spacer with 5mm spacer, 3mm nut and 20mm spacer for MOBO, screw from top. For filter just 5mm spacer and nut on top.

Light pipe goes into small holes above LED’s and fasten with rubber from bottom.
    Display window is for OLED only and should be glued or fastened with tape. For LCD don’t use window.

Power switch is the last thing you solder and mount after face plate is in place.

• Ha thanks! I did not understand why these nuts where included. I tried many things(and also using longer spacers from the original case) but with no perfect results. Here everything is Ok.
    Why not using a display for LCD screens? Not The same size but it is enough thin to place it between the case and the LCD...

Thanks again Adrian. It fits perfectly and it’s very sturdy. Really REALLY great work.

• If window fits or you make it fit, then you can use it :).

• Question: looking at the info and pics above, it looks like this case makes it easy enough to switch filter boards? (At least easier than the standard XT acrylic case, or the Ambika’s metal case where it’s more of a a complete case disassembly and includes removing all knobs.) I’d totally be sold if that’s the case (pun intended)

• It’s basically same as Ambika. You remove face plate, take out MOBO and change filter.
    No accsess from the bottom directly to filterboard.
    Difference is that there are no spacers between MOBO and filter. Both fasten to bottom with spacers.

• Hi Adrian and everyone ,
    I’m francois !
    I would like to get a quote for a Shruthi XT case ,
    Do you still have some?
    I’m new in the Shruthi world and I don’t know To find the knobs I see on pictures ,
    Do you have them ?
    Regards

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion