"Push" sequences to the Anushri
  • Hi all,
    I can’t really tell if this is possible from the MIDI implementation or the manual.
    Let’s say I want to store a collection of yummy sequences for my Anushri inside of a Reaper “song”.

I can push the Record button on the Anushri, and play a sequence in my DAW. The Anushri will record it. Then I push Rec to finish the sequence.

But there are a few commands that I can’t do from the DAW. I have to be standing in front of the Anushri – “Press drums to input a rest in the sequence” and “Press Hold to input a tie in the sequence”.

Is there a way I can send CCs or some sort of command from a DAW to the Anushri (via MIDI) to a) turn on REC, b) input a rest remotely, c) input a tie remotely, and d) turn off REC?

Thanks!

• No, this is not possible.

The best you could do would be to create the sequence on the Anushri and then record a SysEx dump of it in your Reaper project. Then play back one of these SysEx dumps to the synth to load the sequence back into it.

• Oh of course. There it is on the last page of the manual!

Is there formatting to the Sequencer payload? Like could I hex edit the Sysex to send sequencer info instead of having to transmit and receive the dump of all internal settings? Maybe I should have a look at the firmware code…

• This is explained at the very end of the manual. When you do a SysEx dump, the Anushri sends several SysEx blocks, each of them corresponding to an “object” (SystemSettings, Patch, SequencerSettings, Sequence – part 1, Sequence – part 2).

Which means that you can actually erase the first 3 blocks and only retransmit the 2 last blocks.

• Cool. I will play around with this and see what happens!