Ambika LCD Window Size
  • Hi!
    I’m trying to modify the case designs that everyone sends off to Ponoko so that it would feature a window for the the LCD module (I’d like to use an opaque acrylic). The viewing area size of the recommended LCD component is 153.5 mm x 17.5 mm with a total size of 182 mm x 34.5 mm. That being said, I didn’t want to have too narrow of a window, and the module has a bit of a bezel, so I was wondering if someone with one of the nice metal cases would kindly measure the size of the viewing window on their cases. I was thinking of making it somewhere around 157 mm x 21 mm. Also, I was able to find someone else’s design that had holes marked for the leds, which further helps me in my quest to have an opaque acrylic Ambika enclosure, but I was wondering if I have to make any other considerations with going against the tried and true transparent cases. I figure I’ll have to at least get some little led tubes to make them nice and visible, but anything else?
    Thanks!

• I’ll do one better, PM your email and I’ll send you my files for the plastic case with window.