Listening to circuit points
From Mutable Instruments' wiki
TODO: Photo / diagrams
Do not use headphones for this:
- Some signals, especially high voltage DC signals might damage them.
- It is not uncommon in synth circuits to have signal level several times larger than what outputs an audio player when set to the maximum volume - potentially causing hearing loss.
- Headphones are excessively loading the circuit and might make it behave very strangely.
- Audio interfaces, especially those with a "high-Z" input switch. The higher the input impedance, the less likely the measurement process will disturb the circuit under test.
- turn the Volume/Gain on your listening Device (Mixer Audio Interface) to 0
- connect the Ring (the upper part) of an suitable 3,5mm or 6.3mm Audio Jack to GND somewhere on your Filter Board
- connect the Tip (its called Tip, not Nipple!) to the spot where you want to listen
- now you can increase the Volume until you hear (or not) some Signal