Experience with Seeedstudio PCB service ?
  • Does anybody have experience with the Seeedstudio PCB service?
    What’s about quality, execution, lead time, ...
    Do they really mean a total of $21.90 for 10 pieces of 10x10 cm boards?

• I’ve built three modules, with mainly SMD parts, on Seeedstudio PCBs which were a joint order with @Sneak_Thief. He did the ordering, so I can’t comment on that aspect, but the quality of the PCBs I received was fine. The HASL layer was a little bit lumpy, but not enough to cause problems – it wouldn’t be an issue at all if you are doing through-hole only work. The silkscreening was fine. I still prefer the gold ENIG coating on OSH Park PCBs, but that only really matters for SMD stuff, and I think Seed offer ENIG plating for a little bit more anyway. I’d happily use Seeed again.

Just don’t use Jackaltac – they take forever, and their PCBs are definitely inferior.

• @BennelongBicyclist
    I did some good thru-hole pcbs with Jackaltac. What problems did you discover with them?

• They only silkscreen one side of the PCB, the silkscreening is often illegible, there were gouges and scratches on one PCB I ordered, and they omitted about 3mm of one edge of another, despite the size being correctly specified, the HASL coating was really lumpy, and they took ages to arrive (nearly two months from memory).

• Hi Picard & everyone,

This is Melody Gong from Seeed Studio. Answers to all your problems about Seeed’s Fusion PCB can be found at http://support.seeedstudio.com/knowledgebase/topics/63002-fusion-faq

Moreover, we have upgraded our webiste for better user experience and the new Fusion PCB order page is http://www.seeedstudio.com/fusion_pcb.html

Feel free to contact us if you have any problems.

• Pcbway makes cheaper but quality is a bit poorer. Solder resist comes off easier.

• @melodygong
    Meanwhile, I used Seeed Studio PCB service a couple of times and I’m very happy with it!
    It was also great to meet the Seeed people in person at the Maker Fair in Berlin, Germany, last year.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion