WTB fcd72 busboard - if anyone has one available
  • Hi folks,
    again the wild and unpredictable nature of eurocrack forces me to extend a few HUs.
    Unfortunately i’ve been running out of busboards and would like to ask if anybody here has some fcd72 busboards lying around to sell ?
    If possible i would like to stay in my standard and i really like the idea to use them again.

Regards Kay

• I could use some too… I was in the process of designing one myself. Maybe we could organize a new run.

• I could use one, too (or more)

• Ok, i have a bit of spare time nowadays…. lets play the good ol Groupbuy game and ill take care…

nightworxx – 12
    shiftr – 12
    TheSlowGrwoth – 1

etc….

• 12 ? Optimistic as ever, Frank ? ;-)
    Regarding the fact that i have space in my racks for additional 5 Baugruppenträger this would be the number. More would be in contrary to the WAF...

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 12 (presumably more)
    TheSlowGrowth – 1

• Let’s start with one ;)

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 1
    ∑6 – ill order at 25

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 1
    Dukankallemegper – 2

• Aw, c’mon guys. These are the infamous fcd72 bus boards !
    Drop your pants and raise the count !

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 1
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4

I guess one is not enough…

• You’re the man !

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    waldshrut – 4

• Nice one.

• Orange and red? like those Sidekicks :)

• I’d love something more subtile. black would be nice. But its sitting in the back of a case anyway so I don’t care too much

• Purple ? Or better pink…

• how much are they?

• 2 for me.

@fcd72 Are you planning to release eagle or gerber files in case you are not going to be around for a while again ?

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    waldshrut – 4
    cereyanlimusiki – 2

@cereyanlimusiki
    Im pretty sure i have more time for you fellows here in the future….ill have a look where the files are, because normally i only hit the “reorder” button ;-)

• @fcd72 thanks for the prompt response and I am sure community will appreciate if you could find the files :)

Does this mean you will be able to take plexi laser cutting orders ? or Eurorack cases ?

• Good to see you back in action Frank.

• @cerenyanlimusiki
    slowly old friend…… ;-)

• @fcd72 patience is not one of my virtue :)

welcome back and good to see you around again

• Hehe, als soon as you show up they get greedy…

• these jittery young things…...

• Always the same the young Jedis are.

• @nightworxx @piscione Young jedis lost their ways when Yoda not arround was
    but now a new hope there is @fcd72

• Peace is a lie…hrhrhr

• Yoda makes me think the BusBoards will be Vintage Green

• A belated ‘welcome back’, Frank! Good to see you here again. Have you been enjoying your RackAttack and 4Pole?

I may be in the market for some of the busboards, too, I think.

Remind me how much they are. I may need 8, but depends on price whether I will be able to buy them all at once.

a|x

• @toneburst
    In fact i haven’t touched any gear the last 10 Months….. but i plan to do so in the near Future. 4Pole is lend to a friend who didn’t like his shiny brand new 2Pole ;-)

• @fcd72 cool, hope you get some time to get back into synth-related activities soon.

a|x

• I can’t seem to find the original thread for these busboards.

Could someone remind me of the specs?

a|x

• Öhm, they are good ? ;-)
    And they match those of the Doepfer busboards, afaik…

• Let’s see: Connections for 18 modules, LED indicators for the 3 power rails, they fit in a case 84 hp wide. I think they are about ~15 inches long, but not sure about the actual. I’ve been running mine for a couple years now.

• @cold_fashioned thanks that. Do you use yours with a Meanwell PSU, by any chance? I’m thinking of getting an RT-65B and I’m wondering if the combination works well.

a|x

• @fcd72 what’s the price?

a|x

• Ah, found the original post (couldn’t seem to find the Search box on the site on my phone).

a|x

• I use all mine with the meanwell t60b or rt65b.

• Me too, absolutely no problems with the combination of Meanwells and these busboards.

• Me three!

• All praises for Meanwells and Franks busboards !

• Good to hear!

A friend told me there are potential issues with the RT65B tripping domestic power circuit-breakers because of a high startup current.

Anyone had issues with this?

a|x

• i would be really surprised if it would ask for that much startup current! But maybe in some countries you get less domestic power. We usually have 16A here. My both meanwells don’t give any problems.

• My friend quotes a power-up current of 40A for the RT65B.
    The spec-sheet here seems to confirm that (in the INPUT section of the table “INRUSH CURRENT (Typ.) | COLD START 40A/230VAC).

Do you have that same model, @shiftr?

a|x

• That’s insane :O
    I have the RT60 version, and haven’t had any problems, although I haven’t measured the inrush current, our standard 16A wiring+circuit breaker has no problem with it, and several synths+a power hungry computer and a kettle being on at the same time.
    4A might make slightly more sense, but 40A seems excessive.

• I have one powering my 6U rack
    from here:
    https://www.reichelt.de/Schaltnetzteile-bis-150-W/MW-RT-65B/3/index.html?ACTION=3&GROUPID=7264&ARTICLE=147885
    I’m shocked! 40A! at 230V!
    I’ve also got an older meanwell powering a 9U rack . It has a bit more current. But Can’t find which version it was.
    And i power both and a host of other equipment on at the same time with the flick of a switch and never had any problems.

• It’s odd. It says ‘Typ.’, which I assume means ‘typical’, rather than worse-case…

a|x

• No Problems here with either RT-60 or RT-65B, and i have shiny thin-skinned supersensitive new Circuit Breakers.

• I guess it helps if you power up your racks one by one, and not all at the same time …

• Busboard price?
    I’m up for 8x.

a|x

• I will have to recalculate – the $ has changed a bit since the last run…..

• Meanwell FAQ

A6. What is “Inrush Current”? What will we notice?

Ans:
    At input side, there will be (1/2 ~1 cycle, ex. 1/120 ~ 1/60 seconds for 60 Hz AC source) large pulse current (20~60A based on the design of S.P.S.) at the moment of power on and then back to normal rating. This “Inrush Current” will appear every time you turn on the power. Although it will not damage the power supply, we suggest not turning the power supply ON/OFF very quickly within a short time. Besides, if there are several power supplies turning on at the same time, the dispatching system of AC source may shut off and go into protection mode because of the huge inrush current. It is suggested that these power supplies start up one by one or use the remote control function of S.P.S. to turn them on/off.

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    toneburst – 8

∑ 25

Lets keep this open a bit longer so we maybe can reach something like 50. Wise decision price wise it be would.

• loopino – 2

btw. here you can see why it is no problem to have 40 A for 1/60 seconds: ABB – technical information, german pdf-file

Hi Frank!

• @fcd72 Yoda without busboard left me out :(

• OK, two more then …

I think the list should now be:

nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    waldshrut – 4
    toneburst – 8
    cereyanlimusiki – 2
    loopino – 2
    eelco – 2

which adds up to 35 in total

• I’m in with 5 boards, please

• nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    waldshrut – 4
    toneburst – 8
    cereyanlimusiki – 2
    loopino – 2
    eelco – 2
    Level5 – 5
    Adrian – 3

• 43, right? Anyone else in?

• I’ll take two.
    nightworxx – 5
    shiftr – 1
    TheSlowGrowth – 5
    Dukankallemegper – 2
    sammy123 – 4
    waldshrut – 4
    toneburst – 8
    cereyanlimusiki – 2
    loopino – 2
    eelco – 2
    Level5 – 5
    Adrian – 3
    Vcent – 2

Total ~ 45

• Just a warning. Here is my story: in short, I ordered 4 Busboards last year (April 2015) and have not received these until today.
    Contact was always nice, he told me that he would also built some cases and need a rail to get the sizes correct I sent him one but never received the case or any feedback via mail. fcd72 alias Frank C. Daniels rarely replied to my mails. We talked 1 or 2 times on the phone and he said that he was very busy and promised me to send the boards until christmas 2015 but nothin happened. I continued to send mails or try to call him every month but no success.
    What should I do?

@fcd72 Frank, If your read this, just send me the 115,- EUR back via paypal and we are done.

• @suomynona Frank is back, no worries.

• @Adrian what do you mean with “back”? I am not used to that kind of business. I totally understand if there are times when it is much to handle, but seriously, I am waiting for one and a half year now.

• @suomynona
    Just refunded your 75€ - not 115€ as you claim, see the attached Pic. Your Rail and your Busboards will be shipped tomorrow but there will be no Custom made Case. Im a kind guy, so I’m not gonna respond to your Post above in detail, just let me add a personal note, for your eyes only: you don’t know a fucking shit about being busy until your wife is dying of cancer.

• Sorry for being rude Frank. Sometimes there more important things than business. I just did not thought of something that bad. Wish you all the best.

• I am really sorry to hear that @fcd72

• Oh dear, I was hoping it was nothing so serious as that. I’m really sad to hear that news.

• Sorry to hear that, Frank.

a|x

• Thank you Frank, finally the busboards arrived, I will not claim the refund you sent.
    All good wishes to you and especially to your wife.

• PS: If anyone needs a busboard right now, contact me via pm.

• I also have a spare one available (green) that I won’t need any time soon (as I have two more anyway …): sent me a pm

• What’s the status on this?
    I’ll be making a thonk order soon and they have their busboards available again… it’s so tempting…

• I still have some left.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion